9.02.2011

Weeklong Vacation with a Bling: Part Four

This is the last part of my posts on my weeklong vacation.  The last city on my vacation was Los Angeles.  My trip to Los Angeles with RyC is one of my most favorite trips EVERRRR!!!!

A little back story.  When RyC and I planned this trip months ago, he suggested we drive down to LA from San Francisco which I initially agreed on.  However, as time was nearing for the trip and plans were being finalized, I was having second thoughts about the drive.  I found out that the drive from San Fran to LA was going to be about six hours, one way car rentals were ridiculous costly, and RyC couldn't seem to find a reasonably priced hotel.  I was ready to change my flight to fly out of San Fran than LA, but RyC convinced me that the drive was all worth it.  In the end all the issues worked out. 

There are no words to describe the views driving along the Pacific coast to LA (aka Big Sur).  RyC said it best. "When I see this all I can say is, God is good."  I don't even think the pictures I took really captured the gorgeousness I saw with my eyes.  This was one thing that I was happy that RyC was right about.


After driving for about eight hours on windy roads, we finally made it LA.  We checked into the hotel and got ready for dinner at Beso Restaurant (RyC had made reservations earlier in the week). 
Dinner at Beso was delicious. I was stuffed like a Thanksgiving turkey.  I didn't even have room for delicious, which rarely happens (I looove desserts). The service was great but strangely fast (RyC and I couldn't help but feel a bit rushed). 


 RyC insisted on going to Santa Monica beach (he wanted to touch the Pacific ocean with his feet...whatev!) after dinner eventhough it was a chilly and dark.  I was also in a bit of a food coma.  I was certainly dozing off during the car ride to the beach but was wide awake when we got there. 

I wasn't very excited about walking on the beach because it was cold and I was wearing a thin lace dress.  Luckily, I had grabbed a scarf and a three quarter sleeve cardigan in case it got cold and it came in handy.

When I took my first walk on the sand, I quickly took a step back because the sand was cold but RyC basically told me to suck it up and I did.  The beach was very pretty especially with the lights from the pier in a distance.  It created a bit of a romantic atmosphere.  I immediately started taking pictures and I somehow forgot about the cold sand. 


After a while of goofing around hugging and RyC being a sweet boyfriend, he suggested we head back to the hotel which I was all about. 

Important back story:  I took a bottle of sparkling wine to Vegas with me for the girls and I to drink while we were there but we never got around to it which was fine because I figured RyC and I would enjoy it sometime in LA.  Before, heading to dinner, I left the bottle on ice in the hotel room.  So during dinner RyC asked me what we would be celebrating with the bubbly and I said "the end of our vacation."   

...So after RyC suggested we head back to the hotel, I quickly turned around to walk towards the car.  He asked me again what we would be celebrating with the sparkling wine and I responded while turning towards him, "End of the vacation like I said!" 
He then said, "There's something else I'd prefer to celebrate tonight if you'll marry me" and got on one knee.  My mouth just about hit the ground.  I was in complete shock.  I was not expecting a proposal at all.  I mean we've been talking a lot about getting married and I knew he was going to propose sometime this year but I was not at all expecting for him to propose during the trip.  So he took my hand and asked, "Will you marry me?" And after getting over the surprise of the proposal, I managed to say "Yes!" and he slipped a gorgeous ring on my finger, which I could not get my eyes off.  We kissed and hugged and I started giggling uncontrollably and jumping around.  I excitedly called my family and best friends to tell them of the great news and giggling and laughing the whole time. 

It was nice knowing that we had a cold bottle of bubbly waiting in the hotel room for us to celebrate our ENGAGEMENT!!!!

I cannot wait to become Mrs. RyC.  Let the wedding planning begin!


0 comments:

Post a Comment