7.26.2011

Adventures of RyC & Afua: Accra, Ghana Pt 2

Our time in Ghana continued with a tour through the capital, Accra.



Kwame Nkrumah Mausoleum
 The Kwame Nkrumah Mausoleum is a memorial dedicated to Ghana's first President who was a very prominent leader in the Independence of Ghana from the British colonial rule.

 RyC is a HUMUNGOUS lover of soccer (football). He loves soccer "like a fat kid loves cake."  He played soccer most of his life and he was a pretty awesome player in high school.  I think he still has it in him.  Anyway, he has this thing for soccer stadiums which means that wherever we go, we have to go see the soccer stadiums there.  Ghana was no exception.

Hearts of Oak-Ohene Djan Stadium

   
Makola Market

I showed off my old school to RyC. There had certainly been some changes that I was very pleased to see.


For example.....OLD SCHOOL WAYS

NEW SCHOOL....
Much better improvement


We also went to visit my Aunt who lives up in Aburi Mountains
 Pretty hotel in Aburi-can't remember the name


On Christmas day, my Uncle had a party at his house.  It was a fun party, filled with lots of food, drinks and most importantly dancing!  I remembered just how much my family loves to dance.   
 
RyC boogeying down with the fam

The party was the perfect end to our Christmas vacay in Ghana.



0 comments:

Post a Comment